Ask a Construction Expert
Ask Question

If I have passed the health and safey test, can I apply for the green card? Why do I need an NVQ level 1?

where does the NVQ level 1 comes into this. Are you saying that the green card shows only that I  will have passed the health and safety course. Do I still need a NVQ level 1 to start work on a construction site.
The green cards shows that I will be a Construction Site Operative does that mean I will be able to work on a construction site without any qualifications. I am not disabled  and will be applying for the course but one of my mates is very disabled does that mean once he has done the health and safety course he can then apply for the green card and start work too.

Please help me with this enquiry

1 Answer

To get a green CSCS card you need either the NVQ Level 1, or proof that you have worked on a construction site for at least one year. Your employer can sign part of the CSCS card application form to prove that you have worked on site. This will also be the same for your colleage, if you have any more questions call us on 0203 598 1037.

Related Questions

  • CSCS Card
  • NVQ Level
  • Free
  • NVQ Level 2
  • CSCS
  • NVQ Level 3
  • CSCS
  • NVQ Level 4+
  • CSCS
Full Name
Phone Number
Email Address

Get All NVQ Prices
Thank you for your interest

Construction Support Line will get back to you soon.

If you would like to find out more, or apply for an NVQ please call 0203 051 1004.
No CSCS Card?
No Job!

3 Easy steps to a new job

1 Train for your NVQ

After signing up with us choose which qualification you want and after several months you will be awarded your NVQ.

2 Get a CSCS card

Once you have got your NVQ, you can apply for a new CSCS card. We can begin as soon as you are qualified.

3 Find a new job

After recieving your CSCS card you are now able to work in most construction sites at a much higher level.

We will call you back

Call Me Back
Thank you.
A member of the support staff will be calling you shortly.