Ask a Construction Expert
Ask Question

I have nvq level 1 and 2 do i need to sit a test to gain a cscs card?

I am a painter and decorator and have NVQ 1 and 2 in my trade however employers state I need a cscs card to be considered for work.

1 Answer

One of the requirements to get a CSCS card is having passed the Health & Safety Test. However as you have an NVQ 1 and 2, it is very likely that you have passed the a unit on Health & Safety and therefore do not need to take the test.

Also your level 2 NVQ may make you eligible for a Blue CSCS card, which can open up a lot of opportunities for you in the workplace.

Call us on 0203 598 1037 and we can assist you with your application.

Related Questions

  • CSCS Card
  • NVQ Level
  • Free
  • NVQ Level 2
  • CSCS
  • NVQ Level 3
  • CSCS
  • NVQ Level 4+
  • CSCS
Full Name
Phone Number
Email Address

Get All NVQ Prices
Thank you for your interest

Construction Support Line will get back to you soon.

If you would like to find out more, or apply for an NVQ please call 0203 051 1004.
No CSCS Card?
No Job!

3 Easy steps to a new job

1 Train for your NVQ

After signing up with us choose which qualification you want and after several months you will be awarded your NVQ.

2 Get a CSCS card

Once you have got your NVQ, you can apply for a new CSCS card. We can begin as soon as you are qualified.

3 Find a new job

After recieving your CSCS card you are now able to work in most construction sites at a much higher level.

We will call you back

Call Me Back
Thank you.
A member of the support staff will be calling you shortly.