Ask a Construction Expert
Ask Question

How can I be assessed if I currently have no work?

1 Answer

I am sorry to read you haven't any work. You need to be able to present evidence that you can do the job showing skill and knowledge as identified in the NVQ.
So generally speaking you do need to be working to get it.
You can get registered for an NVQ as this should legitimately assist in gaining work that presents opportunity for assessment, considering as you get the trainee red card for short period of one year. During this time you should be assessed on site.
In certain trades there is the opportunity to be assessed through a process called EWPA which some centres run (we don't run this) where you are tested under strict preconditions .
There has also been some adjustments to enable apprentices who are finding it difficult to complete NVQs.

Related Questions

  • CSCS Card
  • NVQ Level
  • Free
  • NVQ Level 2
  • CSCS
  • NVQ Level 3
  • CSCS
  • NVQ Level 4+
  • CSCS
Full Name
Phone Number
Email Address

Get All NVQ Prices
Thank you for your interest

Construction Support Line will get back to you soon.

If you would like to find out more, or apply for an NVQ please call 0203 051 1004.
No CSCS Card?
No Job!

3 Easy steps to a new job

1 Train for your NVQ

After signing up with us choose which qualification you want and after several months you will be awarded your NVQ.

2 Get a CSCS card

Once you have got your NVQ, you can apply for a new CSCS card. We can begin as soon as you are qualified.

3 Find a new job

After recieving your CSCS card you are now able to work in most construction sites at a much higher level.

We will call you back

Call Me Back
Thank you.
A member of the support staff will be calling you shortly.